In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), all consultations will be conducted by phone, Skype or FaceTime until further notice. We are open and fully operational for servicing our clients, but our office will be closed to the public. Please contact the firm for more information.

Becoming a U.S. Citizen Is an Honor & Privilege. Take the First Step Towards Achieving the American Dream.

Fiancé Visa Attorney in Tampa

Helping Bringing Families Together in Fort Lauderdale, Plantation & South Florida

When a United States citizen is planning to marry a foreign national, a fiancé visa may be available. At Gardiner Immigration P.A., bringing your fiancé or fiancé and children to the United States is one of our firm’s specialties. We help you complete all necessary forms for the K-1 visa and employment authorization, which is required for your fiancé to be eligible for employment prior to your wedding.

Requirements for Fiancé Visas

The fiancé visa, or K-1 non-immigrant visa allows your fiancé to stay in the United States for 90 days for the marriage to take place. The children of the fiancé of a United States citizen may be eligible for a K- 2 non-immigrant visa. Tampa immigration lawyer Grace Gardiner can help you with the process, so your fiancé can bring his or her children to the U.S.

In order to have a fiancé visa approved, you must show that:

  • The petitioner is a United States citizen
  • The marriage will occur within 90 days of the fiancé’s arrival in the U.S.
  • Both people are free to marry
  • Any previous marriages for either party have been legally terminated
  • You and your fiancé have met in person at least once in the previous two years

It is important to note that the K-1 visa is only valid for 90 days and cannot be renewed. It is imperative that your wedding ceremony takes place within this time frame. Once the visa expires, your fiancé will be required to leave the United States.

Applying for Permanent Residence after the Wedding

Once you are legally married, your spouse can apply for permanent residency status and remain in the country. At Gardiner Immigration, getting your fiancé and family together as soon as possible is our top priority. When you are married, within 90 days of arrival, we file for their adjustment of status.

If you need help getting your fiancé to the United States, call (813) 750-0779 for a consultation with our immigration lawyer in Tampa.

An Excellent Reputation Built on Client Satisfaction

  • “Great experience”

    Miguel I.P

  • “She strongly believes in helping her clients. She takes the time and effort to help her clients. ”


  • “So grateful!”

    Former Client

  • “Great Immigration Lawyer”


  • ““Best ever””

    Stacey S.

  • “Grace is a nice lady. She works overtime to help her clients.”


  • “Grace serves her clients with dignity and professionalism”


  • “Words cannot express the wonderful and good news Grace delivered to me today on the success of my application for my son.”

    Cheryl S.

  • “Attorney Gardiner is kind, sympathetic, knowledgeable and entirely dedicated.”

    I. D.

  • “Excellent Service”


  • “Attorney with a balance of knowledge and principles.”

    Bryan Copeland

  • “Detailed Attorney”

    Former Client

  • “An outstanding law firm! ”


  • “An exceptional attorney with excellent skills”

    Jennifer Pichardo

  • “Gracious and kind towards every client”

    Former Client

Advocates You Can Trust

What Gardiner Immigration P.A. Has to Offer
  • Seasoned Legal Guidance

    We have over 20 years of experience helping clients in all areas of immigration law.

  • Outstanding Reputation

    Clients throughout Florida turn to our firm because they know that we get results.

  • Personalized Attention

    Our founding attorney spends individual time with each client to help them through the process.

  • Multilingual Staff

    The team at Gardiner Immigration offers English, Mandarin and Japanese languages.